HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads
Thread: Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 04:58 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Sometimes, while what we have works, there comes along something that may work just a smidge better. Like the conversation you and I were having about the Viper Tricks. My Standard slick tricks have served me well for several years. But those Vipers just MIGHT be that little smidge better. Might fly just a touch better, may leave just that 1/8" bigger hole that may bisect a vein that the standards may have just missed. I personally like to stay in the loop with new broadhead technology and I like to use the absolute best broadhead that matches my style of shooting and my bows speeds.
From my experience it really isn't very often something comes along that really works better. It does happen and Ive made changes myself but for me it has always been minor tweaks to the same simple design. I mean there are minor changes that give you better flight out of a faster bow, more penetration from a slower bow etc. Its more the reinvention of the wheel I'm talking about.

Ive seen so many deer lost because of some of these new radical designs.

I'm not saying never adjust or make changes but I like to stay within the basic simple design that has worked great for a very long time.