HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - COWS KNEE. Made a few up!
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 03:10 AM
mounting man
Typical Buck

Default COWS KNEE. Made a few up!

I bought a Lyman Deer Stalker about 10 years ago. The Gun store only sold black powder guns? With each gun he sold he gave a starter pack of items and in it was a cows knee he had made?
I never tried the knee but gave it to my son. The man will hunt in any kind of weather. He loved it! He was out in the rain and wet snow,of which it seems to be our Flintlock season here in Pa.
He said how it had kept his flint, frizen and pan powder dry!
I gave a fellow an old leather sofa and in a few years his little kids had ruined it. He put it into a dumpster at work. I had cut as much leather from it as i could and saved it . Why? I just do dumb stuff like that. You never know when a piece of leather my come in handy !
After the son saying how he liked the cows knee i decided to use the one i gave him for a pattern? Well,i got carried away and must have made a dozen or more of them,from my old couch leather!
I sold one and gave one to my other son. I have a bunch more just laying in my gun room!
It is a very good item for a Pa Hunter to have in their Possibles Bag,i now know!