HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Topographic Software
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 04:16 PM
thelastboyscout

Default RE: Topographic Software

that' s really weird because i was wanting to ask that question a long time ago. i was just at sam' s club last week and pointed a program out to my wife that i would like to have for an x-mas gift. it' s a brand new program out from national geographic. it' s a 16 disk set that has any location in north america. it goes into great detail. it has everything. from the small lakes and streams to dirt roads and trails. it even has the names of the locations i just mentioned plus even the local names of georgraphical locations. for instance, " dead man' s hollow" or " miguire run" . you can map out where you' ve been and even put your own notes in. it also works with a pda, which i bought for my business but always take it the woods with me incase i need to jot something down real quick. you can take notes in the woods by hand or with a pda and go home and download it right to this program. let' s say 11-01-03 you went hunting for turkeys. say you saw a big buck rub in a certain spot. you can get on your pda (which also can have a topigraphical map on it) click the location and add your notes. then you can look back on it and pinpoint exactly where that spot was. i find it very handy and can' t wait till christmas to get this program. if i remeber correctly it was like $60 at sam' s club.