HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to self-filming
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 10:36 AM
MissionOutdoors.net
Spike

Kind of a late reply, but I thought I'd ask how your season went, and if you learned anything from your current setup. If I read that correctly, you were filming with a GoPro and ***********, but no "main camera" so to speak. If that's the case, I'm sure you figured out it's extremely difficult to get quality footage with just those options as there is no good zoom feature like some of the other cameras more suited for filming have. I currently use a Canon XA10 as my main camera, then a Njaeye camera (like a GoPro but cheaper) for my second angle POV stuff, and even that at times doesn't seem like it's enough. If I were to have the money again, I'd have went with the Canon XA20 for a longer zoom range for when I am hunting longer range or predator hunting open prairies. As far as editing goes, I use Pinnacle Studio 18 for my editing right now and so far I like it. I've been using the same products for a few years now, just upgrading, and it seems like one of the easier programs to learn. I'll likely change to something on the higher end eventually, but for now anyways it seems to do everything I ask and much more.