HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - archery gear
Thread: archery gear
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Brandon_SPC
Fork Horn

All about supply and demand. There are also no where near as much people shooting bows (compounds, crossbows, and recurves) as there are firearms. So of course you will see more firearms at a lesser value . But those Remington 700s that are $500 are not made like they use to be made... There are bows that you can get that are economical that are new at a good price just like you can with a rifle and there are some where it will be a mortgage payment on them.... I mean to me $2000 for a rifle like a Wilson Combat, Les baer, BCM, etc just for an AR15 is outrageous. Then you add iron sights, red dot, flashlight, a different rail, scope, etc and it all adds up. Each field has it's own high price points. Whether it is firearms, bows, fishing, etc they have the economical route on one end and the extremely expensive end on another.... Capitalism at it's finest and if we didn't have that then we wouldn't end up with the great products we have now. And in the end it is the user and their preference I might want to drop a good penny on a bow and you might want to drop a good penny on an AR15 (I'm just using this as an example hypothetical example). In our eyes it is crazy but that is our personal preference and the same thinking can be applied to optics or really anything in general. It is all in the eye of the purchaser.

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 05-21-2016 at 01:01 PM.