HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - archery gear
Thread: archery gear
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Brandon_SPC
Fork Horn

Bowhunting can be cheap and can be expensive.... Just because you have the latest and greatest on the shelf does not mean you have to buy it. I see plenty of used bows maybe two years old that go for $200-$400.... You can get a dozen arrows for $80 (Easton Carbon Zenith).... Been shooting those for years... And can get broadheads for as cheap a $11 for a box of six.... Just remember when you buy hunting sometimes paying a little more money is actually worth it in the long run...

Example now I shoot an Elite Energy 35 with a spot hogg sight, whisker biscuit, and scott release with some other stuff on it and the arrows plus broadheads.... I will bet my set up has over $1,200 in but that is just something I prefer because I know if something happens like with the Elite bow I can call Elite and they will fix it no questions asked. If I am on a hunt all I have to do is send Elite my specs such as draw length and they will send a bow with a rest and I think sight paper tuned and all you have to do is sight it in and hunt.... So there are some great benefits to paying a little more. I'm not bragging I am just giving an example because the moment you go out west or on a hunt you spent a lot of money, time for and something fails you would've wish you picked a better quality... Same thing goes for other stuff like rifles, fishing gear.... Want an eye opener on fishing come down to Florida and see how much we spend on rods and reels do to the fish we are fighting 150-250lb bull sharks or trying to yank a 50lb Amber Jack out of a reef. I have spent a few dollars on cheaper rods and reels and well wish I spent more money and now I did. I have had reels literally blow up a few rods snap because of how cheap they were. They all have their bad and good you just have to find the quality products that you can buy with your budget and in the bowhunting world there is plenty. Rather pay once then having to pay twice and I do the same with optics etc. I tend to look at the companies warranties first before buying which is why I buy vortex for my optics. If I am dropping a pretty penny from all my hard work I want a company that will back it up.

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 05-20-2016 at 06:09 PM.