HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need your recipes
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Mastevt
Nontypical Buck

As for breasts,

I cut the breast into strips, about 1 or little wider, but enough that I can fillet them in 1/2 lengthwise like you do a butterfly steak on a deers back strap. Marinate in Italian dressing over night, or use another one of your choice. We also like the Garlic and Herb. After Marinating, Unfolded, lay in some Philly Cream cheese, and some fresh chopped Jalapeno peppers. Fold back over, and wrap with a piece of bacon. Grille on med, and baste with your favorite BBQ sauce. It is to die for!

As for the leg and thighs,

I pressure cook for 20 minutes with just enough water to cover them, under 15 lbs pressure. Let cool down, and remove from cooker. At this point the meat just falls apart and off the bone, remove all unwanted bone, tendons, etc. and chop up meat to desired size, and put in canning jars. I put in 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon and top of with the water saved from the pressure cook. Put lids on, and pressure cook them for 75 min. at 15 lbs, and let cool down. Your done. Might want to clean the pressure cooker before you actually start the canning. The meat is excellent and tender, and can be used for a lot of dish's, soups, BBQ, or whatever you want. It's a shame people throw the legs and thighs away. It's awesome.