HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what breed
Thread: what breed
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Daniel you need to really sit back and listen to your elders if you're going to come on a website and ask questions. If you don't listen, then there is no reason for you to be on here and take up people's valuable time. Between Oldtimr and myself we are both approaching 70 years of age. I know he trained a number of dogs for both the companionship and wanting to see a good dog work. I, myself, was involved at a much younger age than you are now watching my Dad and another friend train their coon hounds. As I grew into my teens those dogs all died of old age and we went into championship beagles and I grew with them learning how to properly train a dog. Finally in my older years I was into bird dogs, one that turned out to be the best buddy I ever had and he just died in 2014. He was a ball of energy and when he came from a top kennel the commitment was made to work him every day, which I did his entire life. Owning an animal is a big commitment to him and yourself, so seriously think an awful lot about that before you go out and get one that you haven't made that 110% commitment to! Otherwise it will be just like Oldtimr stated and will not be fair to the animal.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-08-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Spelling