HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why over pay
Thread: why over pay
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 AM
smitty0538
Spike

so you spend $5000 on a hunt $700 on tags then your expected to tip the guide $500 to $1000 (per the outfitter) extra for something you already paid for dearly. Does not seem right to me !!
In my opinion the outfitter needs to pay his guides, cooks, etc. a better wage, and not guilt the client into making things right with the people he hires. I understand the guide being upset when he works his tail off and doesn't get much back to show for it but he needs to take it up with the guy who hired him. I read a story the other day about a waitress in Florida who has been arrested and being prosecuted for changing tip amounts on credit card tickets. She stole over $1000 before she got caught. She said she felt some customers did not tip her good enough so she felt it was justified. If you don't feel your being paid fairly take it up with the person who hired you. Its not fair to get upset with the customer, they already paid. These employers of jobs like this need to give more to there people and a little less in there own pockets.