HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets talk pistol oil and grease
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 01:11 PM
muzzlestuffer
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
Soon to purchase a front pocket .380. It'll be entry-level priced, that's all I can afford. One of these below and I early-on exluded the Kel-Tec pistol.
Kahr CW380
Ruger LCP
Taurus TCP738

Not looking to talk guns-itself here. Instead I want to hear what you're lubing your ramp, springs, slides, extractor, firing pin and triggers with. I'm leaning towards Tetra Gun Grease for the slides. Considering these oils for the rest....
G96 Gun Treatment
M-Pro7
Slip 2000 EWL
Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Oil

I use Ballistol or Breakfree CLP in my rifles. But I don't wear rifles next to my body. This new pistol will remain unholstered and in my front or side pocket.... and I don't want gun oil dripping into my pockets and down my leg.....lol

Not really interested in your homemade brands. Just store-bought stuff please. These entry-level type sub-compacts are sensitive creatures, for the slide is shortened. So I'm guessing I'll need to keep lubed-up pretty good .... even the ramp.
rem-oil is all i use just clean your gun with what you use to do that and the just apply a little rem-oil with your fingers where you can reach and a very little with the spray attachment in the rails and all the moving parts trigger and such. i often wipe it off with one of those reel cloths.