HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva breech plug
Thread: cva breech plug
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 07:59 AM
muzzlestuffer
Nontypical Buck

when i looked for the new bh209 bp the only one i seen that came with the install tool was the black one to match the nitride finish although the bp is not nitride coated i understand that the bp would become to brittle if they were to go thru the nitride process and shatter possibly when struck by the hammer. the reason for the tool on first install is like a crush washer type of process where the front of the bp mates to the breech or barrel face for the first time then you don't need the tool until you get a new bp again. my gun did not come either the tool or bp which is why i started this thread i think cva is making a huge dis service to it's customers for not supplying them with the gun ! i won't ever buy another cva for two reasons the first is this fiasco i'm having to go thru to get what i need to shoot my brand new gun and the second is i have about 6 white rifles that i hunt with but if i buy a new mz it will be a knight rifle and if i don't find a breech plug soon i will sell this cva before ever getting to shoot it !!

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 12-27-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: forgot something