HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The truth about muzzleloading!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Originally Posted by flounder33
I know quite a few others whose opinions I respect have figured it was the qla that prevented many tcs from shooting conicals accurately. Others I respect like Lee have said they have not encountered that problem.
I never cut the qla off my tc guns to see if that would solve the problem but here is a thread by Ron that convinced me it was the off centered qla that caused the inaccuracy.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...t-casting.html
I know of others on another forum that have cut the end of the barrel off with the same result. From these results, second hand as they may be, I have deduced that an off center qla is what caused the problems. A qla that is not centered on the bore but is machined to be centered on the outside of the barrel.
I know doc white says that sabots will make up for barrels that are not completely up to his standards, making barrels that are not quite perfect still shoot well.
It is entirely possible that a barrel could have a bore that is centered and thus a qla that is centered and then it might shoot conicals with acceptable accuracy. Maybe TC has changed their manufacturing process in their new guns, I have no way of knowing, I only know about the rifles that I and others have owned. It is my opinion that with other barrel manufacturers you would have a sure thing at shooting conicals and with tc it is like playing Russian Roulette, a game I will not play.
txhunter58 is another quality member that will also verify the TC QLA problem and I dont think many of us on here would call him a liar like grouse is basically doing on this subject.