HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - your opinions on hunting retreat
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 PM
livcoop
Spike

I think you are onto a great idea! I like your thought process and would absolutely do something like this. I live in Vermont and often travel to area states to hunt. In Vermont, New Hampshire, and Mass if it is not posted it is open for hunting whether private or public ground. In New York the deer are much easier to come by but you must lease or hunt public ground which is out of control as far as hunter numbers. The idea of going through a fully outfitted hunt out of state does not interest me at all. Myself and buddies are used to scouting, hunting, dragging, and processing our own deer. Having an opportunity to hunt in a state like Kansas without being on crowded public ground and being able to hunt the way we do back home would be very desirable. As far as a price without knowing the ground specifically I would be willing to pay $500 a person for a week. That price factors in providing our own food, stands, and buying our own license. These are just my thoughts as someone who hunts the Northeast. Maybe I am way off for a midwest hunt but is how I would look at it.

Last edited by livcoop; 11-30-2015 at 01:28 PM.