HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for your opinion!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 PM
TwoBear
Fork Horn

I remember you too. The advice I gave before still stands. Do not rely on outfitting income to pay the bills. Having another form of income allows you to focus on using the outfitting money to build a better business. Top equipment, paying good guides more etc and cultivating a business that you deliver beyond expectations. Let me tell you something, anybody can run a crappy outfit, running a top notch one sets you well apart from your competition and your clients sell for you. I don't go to shows, advertise in magazines, or tv shows, or use hunt bookers, and I book to capacity every year. I spend precious little on advertising. If you want sheer numbers you can do all those things, if you want a sustainable business then get to know every client you take. No matter what you know about business, hunting etc, you will always learn something new from your clients. People know very quickly when somebody is sincere, so don't ever promise what you cannot deliver. This philosophy won't get you clients overnight, but it will get you long term repeat clients and a reputation that allows you to spend less and less on advertising.