Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for your opinion!!! >

Looking for your opinion!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking for your opinion!!!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Spike

Default Looking for your opinion!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to build my client base for my outfitting company. I have been a professional guide now for 14 years. What do think is the best way to get the attention of new clients? I am always looking for advice and appreciate all the information in advance. You can check out my webpage www.munnbrosoutdoors.ca

Thanks,
Adam Munn
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to remember a thread similar to this awhile ago. Best advise I can give is

1. Always be honest.
2. Under promise and over deliver

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take an ad in the classifieds in a couple of major hunting magazines. Then deliver what you promise and word of mouth should help from there.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Over the many years I've been hunting across this country, I have used outfitters a few times. I don't generally look at ads except to get a relative idea of who is who in the area I am wanting to hunt. I then contact and ask for references. Honesty and hard work is absolutely your BEST advertisements. Old men like me tend to chat. If your services are below standard, us old folks will tend to have many long time friends that we chat to A LOT. And they all have friends as well. Get my drift? Same goes for above par services. Word of mouth is absolutely the BEST advertisement one can have in that business.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Word of mouth is absolutely the BEST advertisement one can have in that business.
+100

Or ANY business !!!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

You posted a very similar topic back in February of this year and got a lot of good advice, some of it from other guides in the business. How did all of that go?
Old 11-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Over the many years I've been hunting across this country, I have used outfitters a few times. I don't generally look at ads except to get a relative idea of who is who in the area I am wanting to hunt. I then contact and ask for references. Honesty and hard work is absolutely your BEST advertisements. Old men like me tend to chat. If your services are below standard, us old folks will tend to have many long time friends that we chat to A LOT. And they all have friends as well. Get my drift? Same goes for above par services. Word of mouth is absolutely the BEST advertisement one can have in that business.
Originally Posted by CalHunter
You posted a very similar topic back in February of this year and got a lot of good advice, some of it from other guides in the business. How did all of that go?
P.S.-people don't forget.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bite:
- at 14 years you should have an established RETURN client base. If not, why not?
- to get new clients you have to get the word out, if you have no return clients, the word is out in their social/internet circles
- do you attend hunting/fishing shows?
- I just jumped to another site which has lots of outfitter reviews, you aren't there
Old 11-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
The advice from my last post worked great, helping me get 7 new clients with 5 of them rebooking for the following year. I am looking to get 16-20 new clients for bear hunting specifically, so I do not have to depend on working for other outfitters for part of the year. Some of the advice I been getting is amazing and things that I have not ever thought of.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
I'll bite:
- at 14 years you should have an established RETURN client base. If not, why not?
- to get new clients you have to get the word out, if you have no return clients, the word is out in their social/internet circles
- do you attend hunting/fishing shows?
- I just jumped to another site which has lots of outfitter reviews, you aren't there
I have return clients, but I have only been on my own for the last 3 years. I have been working as a guide for other outfitters over the last 14 years. This has put me in contact with a lot of people, giving me a lot of opportunities. But I cannot take clients from other outfitters in the area either. I have been prepping for a hunting and fishing show for the last month. Do you have any preference on a outdoors show? And where can you check for reviews?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.