HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Glock 43 vs S&W Shield vs LC9
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 05:24 AM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes it's nice being range safety officer at my local sportsman's club ranges. I get to shoot just about all the different platforms that's out there. I've shot all of the above and while you've got to testfire & handle all of them to see which fits YOU most naturally, NOT what fits or works best for me or anybody else out there. Having said that, if it was ME, I'd choose between the Kahr CM-9/CM-40 and the Ruger LC9s (if wanted slightly bigger & cheaper. Personally my choice is the excellent tiny Kahr CM-40. It's the smallest package in pocket size sub compacts, dead reliable (all I've seen & shot), and it had the best, smoothest, lightest DAO trigger of all pocket size striker fired polymer framed semi autos. The triggers that have the glock safety style tab in the front middle of trigger usually run slightly lighter or about the same weight as the Kahr's DAO trigger. The Kahr is the most firepower you can throw in pocket (in pocket holster of course, NEVER try to carry ANY firearm in pocket without using a pocket holster, don't ask me how I know this LOL!). Also the Kahr CM line is usually found from 319-340$. That's what I like. It would be shortchanging yourself to not fully investigate all the different platforms out there!