HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Muzzleloaders.....scheming to buy one
Old 11-17-2015, 09:00 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by d80hunter
Is the Ultra-Lite a bruiser at 6 pounds? Probably not so much after scope mounts, scope, and a sling are added. Good point, I would rather have a light muzzleloader because it would suit my needs better. A lot of my hunting is up close and quick shooting. I will have to decide between the disc extreme and the ultra-lite.
I have owned and shot the Ultra-Lite since they came out. I honestly do not find them 'bruising" at all in fact they are a joy for me. My hunting load is 120 grains of T7 and a Lehigh .458x305 grain bullet. I think part of this is in the design of the Kevlar stock and aluminum mounting block embedded in the stock. Some, and I to a large part of the recoil, is directed downward into the pistol grip of the stock.

The weight and the 24" barrel make it really adaptable to the type of hunting you describe and is pretty much what I deal with everyday hunting in the timber. Yet if I were presented a 200 yard target there would be not hesitation in that shot at all.