HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Muzzleloaders.....scheming to buy one
Old 11-17-2015, 06:49 AM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

If you enjoy tearing the rifle down for clean up, yes the Knights are fine rifles. I bought my first Knight (a little ol Wolverine) back in the early 90s. Took a truckload of deer with that lil gun plus a 368" bull in the Gila in NM. But eventually I grew tired of having to tear that thing down for proper cleanup: pull the scope off (via QRW Leupold rings), pull the trigger assembly, remove the bolt, pull the breech plug THEN begin cleaning & then reassemble all that after it all laid out & dried for an hour or so. The "Littlehorn" is Knights modern version of my 22" Wolverine. One thing I really must admit is that thing sure handled like a dream! Quick, fast & light in the woods. With a 209 conversion, 2 pellets of 777 & 250grn Barnes there was NOTHING inside of 150yds that was going to get away from that lil gun!

Some might love it, "part of the craft" they say. That's fine & more power to them. However I have other things I'd rather spend my time doing. So I bought a smokeless Savage ML-2 around 2003 & NEVER looked back. Now my 15yr old son has been bitten by the mzldr bug after he nailed a 152 inch 13pt with my Savage on our farm weekend before last. But since the Savs are no longer built, prices skyrocketed & the price tag for custom smokeless guns are idiotic, I think I'm going to buy him a TC Impact. A simple break action with quick plug removal & by shooting BH209 cleanup should only involve a few patches & a few shots of brake cleaner. (The standard cleanup equip for my Savage)

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 11-17-2015 at 06:56 AM.