HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't buy from Nikon
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

I had a pair of travelite 8x25 that had a lens turn last year. I called and they said send them in. This pair honestly had not been used much at all, not sure why the lens came loose it wasn't like they were abused or handled rough at all.

So I sent them in, they reported back to me that the bino's were dropped which caused the lens to come loose and I could pay $65 to have it repaired. It got me mad - mainly because I knew they had not been dropped. If it had, ok.. I'll pay to repair them. But they hadn't. We went back and forth a couple times... they agreed to send me a new pair. Bottom line, they made me happy, so I can't complain.

They are great little bino's btw... I love them. Light, compact, and crystal clear. I have 2 pairs, one is my daily user that are probably 15yrs old and still going strong. The new pair Nikon sent I gave to my son. They'll get used a handful of times each year as he doesn't hunt nearly as much as me.

Thinking about this, I never did ask about the warranty on the new pair. Honestly, I'm not that worried about it.