HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weatherby Vanguard .257 Wby Magnum scope
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 PM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by coolbrze0
Looking to put a scope on my Weatherby Vanguard .257 Wby magnum. Rifle will be used mostly for whitetail & antelope, would like to put a nice scope on it that I'll be able to clearly see & shoot 500 yds. Are the Leopold CDS riflescopes good for this or will I have a problem since I live in VA (where I'd like it calibrated from Leopold) & would be hunting in the mid-west at different elevations?
I'm with you, love the CDS system from Leupold,

I would suggest calling Leupold and asking the, what they advise. I would think one set of turrets would be close enough and not be that big of a issue for big game,

IF your pocket book can take the hit the VX6 3x18x44mm would be my choice for that rifle with the CDS feature. Has everything. You really don't need the firedog unless you plan on going bear hunting or hog hunting. The firedog only comes in handy against dark colored animals. Against deer they are sort of meh,

The 3x18 covers a good range of power. I can't imagine using 18x but it's there if you need it.

Amazon Amazon