HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight .52 Disc extreme
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Slowburn
Fork Horn

Default Knight .52 Disc extreme

I picked up a new freedom series Knight Disc Extreme in .52 cal several weeks ago and hadnt had the chance to get it out. I put a 3x9x42 redfield revenge DNS with Leupold bases and low rings and let me tell ya that is a close fit. So I got out today to see how she would do. I was shooting the 325 gr FTX over 120 gr of pyrodex RS with CCI 209 primers. I swabbed with knights cleaning patches between shots and a dry patch afterwards. I started at 25 yds and the first shot hit below the target and a little to the right. I made a couple of adjustments and got her on target. I moved her out to 100 yds and shot #1 hit about an inch left of center in the red so I turned 3 clicks to the right and reset both elevation and wind age dials and shot 2 more rounds to confirm she was where I wanted her. Then for 1 shot I moved out to 221 yds and added 7.5 MOA just guessing and of course I guessed wrong. It actually needed 11.5 - 12 MOA. All in all it was a great day. Today's temp was 79*F humidity .53% wind was light and variable the wind meter said 3 mph at my back. It's always fun to get out and shoot.
Attached Images