HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics
Thread: Ethics
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 07:35 AM
djdkman
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ethics

Let' s not forget to metion the guys that think buckshot is the same as a slug at 50 yards. I have seen more deer get away on state land from lazy buckshot hunters, to lazy to get a slug gun and take the time to zero it in. I had a guy a few years back at Cedar Swamp ask me to help him track a big buck he had hit, eveyone else was packing up. I didn' t know this guy from Adam but as hunters we should always help each other out to recover a deer. Anyways we get ALL they way back to where he shot it from and then starts to tell me to go where the deer was he' ll get in his stand and shine his light...it was like sixty five yards! I found some WHITE hair on the ground but no blood. Never did find that deer. The guy didn' t even get it when I told him he probably hit the buck in the gut...duh white hair....and the fact that buck shot holes bleed like a needle prick! If you cant make hunters become ethical..use the law to ban the tools of the trade. I believe DE should ban buckshot, because people don' t understand its limits.