HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Self Filming Hunts
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 05:54 AM
olsaltydog
Nontypical Buck

I don't self film my hunts but have thought about it, I do believe it does add to a hunters repertoire in regards to gathering information. Alot of information can be gleamed from watching a video playback of what went wrong no different then sports teams that record their games. I did used to film my fishing adventures with two go pros but have since sold the cameras and lost the external hard drive with all my video so first advice I can offer is save all your videos and then make a copy to another drive. External 4tb USB 3.0 drives are relatively cheap and can offer you a great backup for many things.

Second piece of advice I can offer is try to appear composed and collected. If you are going to want to take this further then YouTube, then you want to look professional. From the first monologue in the tree stand to the next I can either see the shadows of the cameraman himself swatting or the individual being interviewed constantly being distracted by bugs. Bug spray wont be detected on camera and will make you two or four look more composed.

Next, the way you guys talk will be what people will be hearing. Try to not use um's as much as you did or talk like the gentlemen at 3:00 by saying things like this corn looking stuff. Be informed and those looking into your videos will more than likely learn from what you talk about if you display that knowledge. That leads me to the next part.

Dont ever use things like it, that or they. Replace these types of words with nouns and such. Like when the gentleman at 3:17 said planting some seed by this tree line but you cant see that right now, you guys did the same thing at ~7:12 about a beans plot we cant see. Something your describing but not showing does nothing for a viewer. Take the moment to video the area and cut the video in with audio of him talking being dubbed in.

You guys are missing alot of the "why's" when you are talking about things. You explain what you are doing in very limited sentences but not explaining the why you are doing these things. You guys can gain alot of experience and viewership by informing those watching.

Take a look at this guys post but also see what he talks about in his video. He is presentable and informative which can really help you guys out.

Hunting Bedding Areas