HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnes 290 Grain T-EZ
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Don't know if I agree with this thought much.

Before changing my entire program, I shot Barnes for years and have taken over 300 whitetail with Expanders, TMZ and T-EZ bullets. EVERY bullet ever recovered indicated it performed perfectly. Even those found after passing through and found in the dirt.

I like everyone else, appreciate all of Ron's bullet testing. However.... one also has to understand that shooting into 1/2 gallon water jugs, is not shooting into an animal. Those water jugs, immediately upon impact explode because of the pressures, with no hide or muscle holding them intact. When the pressure lowers, the bullets may continue to pass through other jugs, slowing the bullet further. Water is also less dense than internal organs or fluids (lung shot). Yes, each bottle slows the bullet more, yet each bottle explodes until the velocity is low enough that the bullet merely passes though and into the phone book.
One of my buddies reminded me of two Deer shot in the shoulders with the 195 Barnes with excellent results. But if you miss that bone they pencil right on thru. I think the MZ Expanders work much better when not hitting bone. Not sure if Ron tested any of those.