HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Tag Seperation opposition...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:44 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Good luck getting a regulation recinded after it has passed. Public comment is just that, comments and there is no assurance what you do not want to happen will not happen. Asking for public comment is a normal proceedure in the regulation process required by law, and is not a mandate to your directors to go with the majority of comments, and I have seen many times what the public comment produced was counter to good wildlife managenent and the Directors, (Commissioners in my state) passed the measure even if oposed by sportsmen. You have to remember, more hunters do not comment at all than do comment, so public comment only produces responses from those hunters who are involved or have a vested interest such as not wanting to pay more to hunt, which unfortunately sooner or later will become necessary. Good luck in your endeavor but I was involved in the regulation making process in my state for 3 decades and I suspect you are fighting a battle you have already lost. Just catching up with most of the other states, our free bear tag went by the boards a long time ago.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-10-2015 at 07:43 AM.