Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Bear Tag Seperation opposition... >

Bear Tag Seperation opposition...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bear Tag Seperation opposition...

Old 08-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you amertize that $100 over the license year and break it done to how much a day the license costs, it is chump change and a bargin. I don't know when you last license increase was but the agency is paying a lot more for everything than they did 5-10 years ago, you can't expect them to live on the same money. PA should have had a license increase 10 yeas ago, the gas drilling boom held that off because of the gas leases on state game lands.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
My guess is its all about money. Total resident license is now over $100 if you hunt deer, turkey, bear, ....rifle, archery & ML seasons. To me, that is a bit ridiculous.

I would like to seem them offer a sportsmans type license. Hunting and Fishing license, including all seasons & game - for one price. They could keep the a la carte type setup as well, some only fish, some only hunt small game, etc.
Exactly!! If they would just come out an admit it was for helping the bear management that would help clear this up. I don't like the way DGIF did this "behind the back" politics is all I'm saying...It was voted down twice in the general assembly and twice by big margins in two public polls. They never said they needed the money just went ahead an did it.

We actually do have a resident sportsman's license $133 that includes bear, deer/turkey, archery/muzzleloading, freshwater fishing and trout license.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Question: What else can you guys do for so many days a year for $100? Two people going out to a movie and dinner for ONE night costs more than that! Give me a break and quit whining, as it makes all the true sportsmen/conservationists look like a bunch of cheapskates to read this whining! You know there is such a thing as inflation like Oldtimr mentioned and you don't get something for nothing! I guess you guys don't go out west to hunt anything, as those licenses are anywhere from $300+ to over a $1000 for one tag and you're griping about $100 for a number of licenses!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-20-2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

We don't have those big expensive prices youall have up north. (For instance diesel fuel is .30 cents more per gallon than here, in Baltimore, maybe more further north...). Why would I want to go out west to hunt when I can kill 5 deer practically in my backyard for cheap compaired to other areas?

No gripes here, just don't like backdoor politics if you do have at it!!

Last edited by toytruck; 08-20-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm neither surprised or offended by this increase. There has been talk of separation for years and they finally got around to doing it. To me it was expected. Black bears can get pretty large in VA., so the available quality is another thing to consider. Va. also has a fairly long season between primitive and modern weapons. Perhaps we've had it too good for awhile.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by toytruck
We don't have those big expensive prices you all have up north. (For instance diesel fuel is .30 cents more per gallon than here, in Baltimore, maybe more further north...). Why would I want to go out west to hunt when I can kill 5 deer practically in my backyard for cheap compared to other areas?

No gripes here, just don't like backdoor politics if you do have at it!!
You just answered the question---cheapskate! Let me know when you can kill an elk, antelope, sheep or goat in VA, LOL!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You just answered the question---cheapskate! Let me know when you can kill an elk, antelope, sheep or goat in VA, LOL!
There are now elk in Virginia and will soon be hunted. Love the name calling to try and prove your point. You are getting good at it.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks vapahunter!

There will not be any goats, or antelope(only out west), or sheep here unless you shoot them out of some farmers field. Elk season is coming before long in SW Virginia.