HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do I buy?
Thread: What do I buy?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerSlayer267
I am a young hunter with a part time job and not alot of money. I have $80 worth of gift cards to walmart and i need some new gear. I dont know what takes priority to buy. A turkey decoy? New arrows for the bow im buying? Bipod for my rifle? A bone saw? A blind? swivels and a strap for my shotgun? I need alot of things and on the walmart website all of these are available.... I need to use these cards before they expire. What is your opinion? What is the thing or things i need?

THANKYOU
Well...
  • A turkey decoy is only useful for you if you're turkey hunting.
  • You don't really need a bone saw.
  • Most $80 blinds are not worth owning, but it'd cut the cost in half of a decent one.
  • Slings on shotguns aren't useful for most guys - I only have one for my backup shotgun when coyote hunting.
  • I wouldn't buy arrows at Walmart.
  • A bipod isn't really a high priority either.

As has been mentioned, it's hard to tell you what should be your top priority, since we're not you, and we don't know what you already have or what you really need the most.

Pretty hard to hunt without arrows if you don't have them. Nobody really needs a blind, but they sure do make life nice. Bipods can be nice, bone saws can be too. Sling on a shotgun would be my lowest priority. So knowing nothing else, I'd get the arrows if you can't afford to get proper arrows anywhere else. Second consider the blind. Bone saw is more practical than the bipod, but flip a coin if you like. If you find yourself considering a sling on a shotgun, then I'd say skip that and spend the money on ammo instead - the sling would be a waste.