HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pa game commission
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
ilbback
Fork Horn

Default RE: pa game commission

I think the DMu' s are pretty realistic. It is too hard to micro manage deer. I live in wyoming county and hunt Bradford county. They divided these areas by the agricultural northern areas of the northern Tier and the Mountainous Southern half. I thought this was right were they should have done it based on my knowlege of the area and deer herds. You gotta look it as, overall it is a much better system. They can never make it perfect for absolutely everyone in the state. Geographically based on my area I think they did the correct thing.

As for the season I also would like to see a week or 2 additional achery season based on what i saw here the last week of the rut (unbelievable!!)

If they move it to the week of thanksgiving it would screw up the tradition of " Deer Camp" . How would you approach it as far as vacation goes ? We usually take the entire week off, which we could not do if it started the week of thanksgiving. So would you hunt the first Monday and come back up for the 2nd week???

As far as hunting it would be unbeleivable. I dont know about you guys but i usually see some SLAMMER bucks during bear season, as the tail end of the rut is still on. NY guys get it good as far as hunting at a great time of year with a shotgun. Imagine going out the week of Nov 17th with a rifle in PA.......Imagine the Taxidermy bills!!!!!!!!!

Besides look at most every other state that gets to hunt during the rut.......PA is the exception. As far as I am concerned the more huntin time the better.!!