HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Turkey Recipes
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:58 AM
jmedenf
Fork Horn

First off, it all starts with being able to enjoy turkey nuggets year round. I skin and debone all the meat. I take the breasts and cut them into inch to inch and a half strips against the grain. I then cut the strips into about three pieces. I divide each breast into about three different quart size ziploc freezer bags. I make sure I get a good sampling of the different meat textures into each bag. Between two turkeys a year, I can have turkey nuggets at least once a month year round.

When it comes nugget time, I defrost a bag and cut all the meat into bite-sized pieces. I drizzle the meat with Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with seasoning. I like cajun seasoning, but we've been hooked on Cowboy Rub lately. Add a generous amount of flour to a quart size bag and add the nuggets and shake until coated evenly with flour. Fry on medium heat in an iron skillet with olive oil until golden brown. Serve with homemade mashed potatoes, fresh geen beans from the garden, and fresh asparagus from the back yard sauteed in butter and garlic powder. And don't forget the fresh brewed iced tea. Feeds 4.