HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - From the Pointing Dog Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Wasn't planning on hunting there anytime in the near future. But if this is the attitude of the so called sportsmen in Michigan I guess you will get your wish. Also I guess you do not want any help to keep this bill from passing either.
Please don't let one "so-called" sportsman from here that is spouting BS deter you from coming up here any time you want! I've got hunting property up in northern MI and it's not even posted. I have no problem with anyone hunting it as long as they leave things as they found them and it's been that way since I bought the place in 1973 with absolutely not one single problem. IMHO people like him making BS statements like that last line of his do as much or more harm in fragmenting our sport than what he's mentioning. Please take that post with a grain of salt and realize he is but one small speck in the scheme of things and not speaking for the populace.

As far as this Bill, I'll be looking into it over the next several weeks. I know the Director of the DNR quite well from when he worked in the MDAs PPM Division when I was working with the Department before retiring in 2002. Keith is a good guy and should be out at Fort Custer near Battle Creek on May 4th for the Legislator Turkey Hunt our NWTF Chapter puts on every year. I'll make sure to get with him and find out exactly if this Bill is going anywhere and what he can do, if anything, about it in his capacity heading the DNR. There will also be some key Legislators there and I don't doubt that this Bill will be discussed during our evening meal with all of them present to get some more "up close and personal" information on it.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-10-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling