HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - From the Pointing Dog Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Opening the outdoors to every one regardless has always been a goal of the Good Old People. Lansing is full of those Good Old People for the last four years.

I grew up and went to school with Darwin Booher, He told me he didn't think the bill had a snow balls chance in hell of passing. Number one the DNR does not want many areas open to motorized TOYS after the law finally getting passed in the early 1970 that required a ORV permit to use some trails and close many to stop & reduce the erosion damage.
right now there is only the law against the operation of snow mobiles on state land during the deer season Nov. 15th thru the rest of the month during hunting hours. ATV's are not allowed off trails at any time.

Last year fees were changed, Residents now pay a higher fee for licenses and OS hunters fees got a reduction.
Wouldn't break my heart to not have those out of state hunters as many do not read the rule book so think they can road hunt here and shoot deer in ditches and trespass on my land to retrieve it with out asking.

So if ya'll all don't come to Michigan to hunt ya'll will not be missed one bit.

Al

First off, I think you need to closely read the present fee structure and then show us where there was any real reductions for NRs. Second, blaming NRs for doing things like you stated is absolutely foolish when there is probably the same percentage of resident jackasses committing the same or worse violations. We certainly don't need people such as yourself painting the entire population with a broad brush like you did in that post just because you seem to have some problems where you live!