HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate killer, in response to...
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Nomercy
Nontypical Buck

Default Ultimate killer, in response to...

I took about an hour and read all of the posts on "plans for shooting houses" and I only have to say that you are all forgetting why we are the ultimate predator on the face of the earth. It's called grey matter, or your brain. We have no claws, no real speed, no natural camoflage, nothing that would make us effective predators, except our minds. We created bows so we could eat, but how did people hunt before that?? They would say having an arrow chase down a deer for you isn't hunting, and when the gun came around, bow hunters would have said that it isn't hunting to use a gun.

WHO CARES????? To each his own. If you think it is wrong to sit in a box to hunt, fine, let them scare their own deer away, but don't knock it til you try it. I do not box hunt, but I use natural boxes, like fallen hollow logs. It is a million times easier to retain body heat when enclosed in a box. I'll admit that setting up boxes isn't very pure, but they might not be purist hunters. I know I am, but you don't have to be so critical of others. This is kind of an extreme comparison, but the same rules still apply, Hitler and slaveowners caused so many problems by critisizing others, and forcing them to change their ways, and their regimes fell, if we start to bicker amongst ourselves, the anti-gunners and animal rights whiners are going to win.