Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ultimate killer, in response to... >

Ultimate killer, in response to...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ultimate killer, in response to...

Old 01-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ultimate killer, in response to...

I took about an hour and read all of the posts on "plans for shooting houses" and I only have to say that you are all forgetting why we are the ultimate predator on the face of the earth. It's called grey matter, or your brain. We have no claws, no real speed, no natural camoflage, nothing that would make us effective predators, except our minds. We created bows so we could eat, but how did people hunt before that?? They would say having an arrow chase down a deer for you isn't hunting, and when the gun came around, bow hunters would have said that it isn't hunting to use a gun.

WHO CARES????? To each his own. If you think it is wrong to sit in a box to hunt, fine, let them scare their own deer away, but don't knock it til you try it. I do not box hunt, but I use natural boxes, like fallen hollow logs. It is a million times easier to retain body heat when enclosed in a box. I'll admit that setting up boxes isn't very pure, but they might not be purist hunters. I know I am, but you don't have to be so critical of others. This is kind of an extreme comparison, but the same rules still apply, Hitler and slaveowners caused so many problems by critisizing others, and forcing them to change their ways, and their regimes fell, if we start to bicker amongst ourselves, the anti-gunners and animal rights whiners are going to win.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ultimate killer, in response to...

Nomercy Are you trying to say don't place yourself on a pedastal and think your #1 and everyone that hunts different should stay home ,because they aren't as pure as you . We all should Lose the Me attitude and get a US attitude . Is that what your trying to say . Go ahead lay it on we can take it ,I even agree with you . Hawk
Old 01-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are not being sarcastic, then I ask you to read my post again. I do agree, that we need not fight eachother. "A house divided against itself cannot stand" Abraham Lincoln. Hunters are a dying brotherhood, it doesn't matter whether we are purist or modernistic, we are all hunters from the moment we shed our urban (or not so urban) lifestyle and venture out into the world in search of God's fine creatures. Critisizing how others choose to hunt is not any of our concern as long as it doesn't break any laws or ethical codes. Poaching is poaching and hunting is hunting, the lines are black and white. Some methods may fall into a grey category, but they are still just as legal as some methods all hunters would agree on.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:53 PM

Because it takes all kinds. And some of those kinds are whining, jealous, crybabies.
What can you do??
Old 01-30-2002, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nomercy far from being sarcastic , I'm just saying what I read out of your post. I agree to many hunters want to say your all wrong ,but watch me ,I can do no wrong . Its called a ME attitude . Put everyone down then tell how good they are .
Old 01-30-2002, 11:12 PM

"Purist or Modernist" ? Are we someday going to have register our style? i never heard it broke down like that .

Edited by - soarkrebel on 01/31/2002 00:13:28
Old 01-31-2002, 12:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]