HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pa game commission
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 06:21 PM
MikeE51848

Default RE: pa game commission

NY' s southern tier rifle season starts the 17th. I would love to hunt then with a rifle. Other years, it starts Thanksgiving week, due to calandar. I think more people are off from work the Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving, which might be a good time to start season. However, I seriously dispute PGC' s deer herd count, at least on public forest land. This is a far more serious problem, as I feel we are headed to a two-tierd system, the haves and the have-nots. Those that hunt private or leased land are fareing much better in success rate than those of us that hunt our SGL' s and state forests. I believe that the WMU' s are much too big in area to control the deer herd, which is what they were designed to do in first place.
In the recently concluded bow season, hunting in a state park, averaging 4 - 5 days a week, morning and/or evening. I saw a total of 8 does and 2 bucks. During the early muzzeloader season, I hunted 6 days am and pm. I killed one doe with my in-line and missed one buck with my bow. There are people who see that much action in a single day on private land.