Thread: 6.8 Ammo
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
He's the man! wish I could convey info via the keyboard as well as he does
RR
Well I've never been accused of being a man of few words!

I hope not to step on any toes by trying to add to certain posts sometimes, but I'm a guy that learns best by understanding the "why" behind the "what" when folks make certain recommendations. When Ridge made that first post, I knew WHY he was making that recommendation, but it seemed like the importance of it was somewhat missed. It's easy for a guy like Ridge - for whom understanding the nuances of bullet design and impact velocity implications is akin to breathing or taking a leak - to take for granted that less experienced folks might not connect the dots as easily. Seems these days that a lot of us online have become teflon coated after reading a lot of info from folks that say a lot of things whether they really know it to be true or not, and it can be hard to get good info to stick. I like to think that if a person understands WHAT happens and WHY it happens, maybe they'll be less apt to pass it over.

I suppose I'll take the opportunity to admit that the 6.8SPC is kinda a guilty pleasure for me. She's kind of a lack-luster round, with not a lot going for it compared to other rounds on the market, but I just enjoy shooting it, and I'm glad to have one back in my safe.