HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cold hands...try this!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 12:10 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cold hands...try this!

I am like BT, I wear polyproplene glove liners, a pair of wool flip overs and chuck in the hot hands in the mit portion. I also have one of those pouchs like JD mentioned and use that setup when bowhunting with the liner gloves and hot hands.

For feet if they sweat, spray your feet with the wife' s (soon to be in your case JD) secret the unscented version. Then use polyproplene sock liners and a good quality wool sock on top. Of course a pair of thinsulate/gortex boots is a must in our climate JD. I wear 800 gramers all season and for ice fishing as well, am toasty warm. You can buy vary weights of polyproplene liner socks and I would suggest buying the Helly Hansen (they last 2 times as long as the no namers and only cost a few dollars more). Marks has them for 10-20 dollars a pair here in canada. If sweaty feet aren' t a real problem Thermolite socks are an option as well, they will wick some moisture but for me are not an option as my feet sweat purdy badly. If this does cure the freezy toes, the hot hands or boot blankets will.