HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who gets it?
Thread: Who gets it?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Kathwacckkk
Fork Horn

Although Triple Se7en is exactly correct with regard to the laws here in Michigan, it still does not pass the smell test to me personally. If my 3 year old son ran onto your property are going to keep him too? How about my dog? Again, just does not seem right to take something without working for it.

I have seen people keep deer, not let hunter's track, etc... I have even heard the first hand account of a landowner who allowed the the hunter to track the deer on his land. He even went to help, but the landowner claimed the dead deer when he saw it was trophy caliber.

On my land, I would prefer to have people ask to track, simply so I know they are there and their intentions. I do not want random people walking through my backyard only to use the excuse they are tracking a deer. I have helped people on my land. I would have given the deer to first blood. In Southern Michigan deer are "rats with antlers", they are everywhere. Not worth ruining a friendship over or worse. This is why I talk to all my neighbors prior to the season and have great relationships with all of them.

Last edited by Kathwacckkk; 12-10-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling