HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever want to slap saleman?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 02:42 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Going to buy my wife a 20ga. over and under. Tell the pimple face expert we want to look at several and we don't want to see a browning. First thing he pulls from the shelf is a browning. Hands it towards me I say we don't want to see a browning I told you that. He says that is what most guys want. We walked out and got her a nice CD at another gun shop.
Was in Minnesota one year for Christmas, Daughter gave me a gift card for Cabalas which at that time none in Michigan. Son in law takes me to the one near or at Albert Lea. I want some scope mounts for a Remington 700 Muzzle loader. Scope sales person didn't have a clue what mounts it took and said I should go to the black powder dept. and they would set me up. they just looked totally bewildered. I came home and Went to Williams and got just the think I wanted. Regifted that gift card back to SIL the next Christmas.
Went to Gander Mountain in Flint Michigan to buy some ammo boxes for my reloads. They only had two on the shelf so I was going to ask the only sales clerk in the area but he was so busy with a BBBB to answer my question. Again I went to Williams and got them 25 cents more money but would have saved the money in the fuel I used to go to Flint.

The stores are to one who claim they have expert sales staff, so some of the sales staff try to act like it.
I was cracking up recently when I went to a store with my wife to buy a new thanks giving outfit. Sales clerk next to ours was trying to get one of those anti theft devoices off a box.
Was like watching a monkey trying to have sex with a foot ball and by the time the manager got there they were ready to use a box cutter on it.
Manager didn't care one bit got my comment about the well trained sales staff.

Al