HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Black powder scope!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It has been my experience that the power setting of the scope has to be turned to a certain value so that the BDC marks correspond to the point of impact of the load one is shooting.

Myself, i abandoned using a BDC reticle, when i learned from actual shooting that the power of the scope had to be reduced to make the various lines of the reticle fit the actual point of impact. It irritated me to turn the power of the scope down, when shooting long range. What good is a variable power scope, if one can't use the highest power to shoot the longest ranges, was how it looked to me. So.. the scope i owned with the BDC reticle, was sent back to the manufacturer for them to change the reticle to a standard duplex cross hair, and change the elevation dial to utilize a CDS dial engraved for the particular load i was hunting with at the time.
Normally, i'd just buy a fixed power scope, but Carlos gave me such a good deal I couldn't turn it down. I pretty much sight in at 4x, and hunt the same way. I just ignore the BDC reticle, and power setting.

I like the eye relief, glass, fast focus, and BC scope covers.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 11-10-2014 at 06:26 AM.