HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me out
Thread: Help me out
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Where is your bait? if the bait is in front of you and the wind is blowing from you towards the bait you are going to get busted by deer. You want the wind blowing from the bait towards you.

When walking in Id suggest spraying your self with scent killer, then on the bottoms of your boots spray doe pee, a doe will think its another deer walking through and a buck will think a doe is near. I wouldnt spray any estrous stuff quite yet unless the rut is in full swing and you dont want to spray it all over yourself just the bottoms of your boots. This is a cover scent. once you are in the tree you can spray a couple times and get some scent going that can cover/ dilute your scent.

A lot of times Ive sat in stands no matter what direction I faced the deer would always come up from behind me...could be they smelled me at some point and circle around. but with wind in your face and bait in front of you they should come in from that direction. You just have to be as silent as possible coming in, get set up(allow enough time to get in the tree), and sit still and wait, I want to sit at minimum 2 hours before last shooting light so however long it takes to get in your tree add that time to the two hours.. Also wait to come out of the tree till the deer leave or after shooting light. You dont want to come out of the tree at the last hour to 30 minutes of shooting light since thats prime time for them to come out.