HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm not sure why nobody wants to admit that cameras don't help. I sure wouldn't be doing something if it doesn't help. I posted a link that says they help, and explained how.

Like I said. I have no problem with using cameras if that what someone does. Just be honest why you're using them. It's like someone using a GPS, and saying they don't help them find their way.
its been said many times...they do help..but its not a guarantee you will see or bag the specific deer you are looking at on the camera. I personally like to see the game that comes through.

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Wrong assumption bud. I use no optics at all. I'm a still hunter, and only hunt in the dark timber for mule deer, elk, and black bear. Never had a shot over 75 yds with 90% of them in bow range. I use a sidelock muzzleloader.

I was born and brought up in Mass. I hunted for plenty of whitetails with a shotgun in the 50's. Pretty much bow range again.

How do you hunt?
you are still using a tool, otherwise you would be out there hunting with your bare hands. Seems like if its something you dont use or do its not fair or cheating. Im sure some tradition bow hunters would say you have an unfair advantage using a muzzle loader.

Originally Posted by deernutz
Why in the heck are we "HUNTERS" arguing about who hunts the best, or the purest way. Whether we like it or not technology is here to stay. Some choose to use it some choose not. We all buy a deer tag and hunt within our states hunting regs. Does that make us better or worse hunters. No that makes us legal hunters. We as hunters loose ground everyday, and us putting each other down or questioning each on the way we hunt brings us down more. Hunt the way u want with what legall tools you have. Lets start backing each other because one day we may wake up and it may not be there.
exactly...there are horrible people that claim to be hunters that give the general hunting population a bad name.

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
The only buck we ever shot that we had on cams was nowhere near where the cam was. It was purely coincidence. During the rut, I'll put cameras in a couple fields that deer only hit at night. It is only so I can get pictures. I have no idea where these bucks come from. Some may just be wanderers, looking for doe.
exactly. Ive had super nice bucks on camera...I never saw them when I was out there in the area of the camera and a couple got taken a couple miles away...would I have shot the bucks I saw on camera? sure but as far as cameras making it an unfair advantage I think its negligible. For me its more of a hobby of getting good game pics.