HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:35 PM
7mag_Jake
Spike

Default You have got to be kidding me!?!?

It amazes me at the thoughts that go through the minds of some people. Every year I read more and more about how worried people are of the anti-hunting crowd and their efforts to put a end to hunting. Well, I'm here to tell you that hunting will be brought to a end by hunters. Hunters who can not get along and accept that some people just do it different.

Hell, don't buy a camera if you don't want one. But, don't think your better or more "skilled" than those who utilize technology. I think the lack of "skill" comes from people taking up hunting and never have been shown what a experienced hunter(s) considers a proper method.A large number of sportsmen every year are first time hunters and they need to be assured that a more experienced hunter can assist the rookie with any issue that may be in question. That issue needs to be and can be addressed in a multitude of ways. And, yes to be blunt I will contribute some portion of it to laziness.

Lastly, I personally loathe the commercialization of hunting. Anytime I see something with " Bone Collector" or " The Crush", "Buck Commander" or any of that other outdoor channel crap, I could just stomp that garbage to the ground. But, I realize that what I consider garbage gets people in the woods. Its one more person in favor of our right to hunt and enjoy nature. Its one more dollar to fight the anti-hunting crowd.

Look at the big picture people. Not believing in something personally is perfectly fine, but don't let your personal preference rule another's actions.

Sorry if I went on a tangent but this is how I feel. I would hate to see our way of life brought down from the inside.