HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I just like seeing the game pics. Ive had a few nice buck pics on my game cameras but they were at night. I never saw them in daylight. I wouldnt even have know they were around if it wasnt for game cameras. A couple of them got killed last year miles away from my cameras...

The problem I see is everyone wants to complain of what you use to kill deer/game...oh boo hoo you are using a crossbow thats cheating/unethical...oh boo hoo a compound bow isnt hunting, oh boo hoo a 308 is too big for deer, using game cameras is cheating...blah blah blah...theres always going to be someone there to dispute pro or con of hunting/techniques/gadgets/skills etc...If someone wants to have 20 game cameras on their property...so what? if they want to hunt with a recurve bow only good for them...hunting means less dependency on store bought beef IMO while I like a good steak or beef roast. I know wild game is much better for me and cheaper...thats why I hunt. If you really want traditional hunting get a spear or atlatl, make your own bow and arrows...then see if you get anything...

bottom line is if you like game cameras good if you dont good for you...someone is always going to come in and complain you arent a hunter because they dont hunt like you.
Complain? Hardly, just pointing out some observations. I do see only one side of this get all touchy about their hunting style, and start to insult. Kind of a boo hoo eh? I could care less if you wear a trail cam on your azz so you don't have to turn around. I will point out that you have a trail cam on your azz though.