HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyotes: Hunt, Trap or let be
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Sosalty
Fork Horn

Default Hunt, It's The Right Thing to Do

The experts pretty much have said what trepsed across my mind 1st reading your post. I have a retirement place just to the south of 'ya in northern AL and "harvest" of predators will be a primary concern when I permanently move there in mere 6 months and counting!

My experience is thin, but dang I've read alot, most recently "The Polictically Incorrect Guide to Hunting." A repeated major theme is that hunted species adapt and behave more 'wild,' which enhances the goals of the 'game' manager. A consistent thinning of your predators should result in a more wary 'yote, maybe after just shooting a handful. But by that time you can step up your own stategies. (I've witness this annually shooting our prolific ground squirrels (in Cali) and after trapping and shooting coons and feral cats this last year in AL.) As well, the parasite population, disease, and predator/prey population should more closely balance with improved health.

The book refers to numerous studies. Does are often attacked/destroyed while giving birth, both by coyote and male bobcats in the southeast. Though I understand it's killing, one is considerably more humane to wildlife than stepping in and managing the predator/prey. Nature is bloody tooth and claw cruel, just as pretend conservationalists are with their rogue emotions.
https://mynook.barnesandnoble.com/pr...ryId=933482357
Doubtful hunting and trapping could ever threaten the well being of the coyote. Let's go get 'em

Last edited by Sosalty; 09-28-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: URL