HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow
Old 11-13-2003, 12:32 PM
GeoffM24

Default RE: local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

So let me get this straight. Letting a dog run around in the woods and play makes me irresponsible and a bad owner? Have you ever met a dog???

There is nothing my dogs like more then when I let them run out in back of the house and they chase rabbits and birds etc. They LIVE for this. I paid a lot of money FOR THIS. When my Springer and Lab aren' t outside they are watching the birds outside. It is what they are BORN to do. They are FREAKING hunting dogs, they HUNT.

I train my dogs NOT to be on a leash, they sure as hell aren' t going to kick up any birds standing next to me! I need them out 25 yards give or take with good recall. Have you ever noticed what a suburban " leash" dog does when you take them off the leash? They TAKE OFF. It is a big deal to them but not to my dogs.

There is nothing my dogs enjoy more then being in the field during pheasant season, hunting.

Say you shoot some kids dog, how the hell do you think he is going to feel about hunters? He will HATE them for life. The kids parents? The neighbors? The friends? You are only damaging our sport by your foolish behavior. I for one am now less proud to be a bow hunter knowing that I' m associated with people that would kill someones pet.

You might as well be a member of PETA because you sure as hell are helping their cause!

Sick, selfish, shortsighted.