Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow >

local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

Old 11-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

Our local TV station just covered a story about a black lab which had been arrowed in Jefferson County, MO. Someone shot it right behind one of the ears, and the broadhead came out the other side of its head. Amazingly enough, he lived.

The news coverage showed gruesome photos of the x-rays with the broadhead still in, and parts of the veterinarian' s operation to remove the projectile. It concluded by showing " Luther" running around, albeit with a heavily bandaged head.

Just as amazingly, the coverage included an interview with a local bowhunter who did a very admirable job representing our bowhunting community, decrying such despicable behavour and saying he couldn' t fathom shooting domesticated animals, or anything that wasn' t " fair game." Thank God we' re in a fairly hunter-friendly part of the country; this one could have been spun to severely cast a negative light on bowhunting!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

I hear ya!

Unfortunately there are numerous bowhunters who wont hesitate shooting a dog.[:' (]
Old 11-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Their sure are some very very ignorant people in this world
Old 11-11-2003, 09:59 PM

thats terrible...im glad the dogs ok.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if it was an accident of some kind or if it was intentional. I bet he ran by someone' s deer stand chasing deer one too many times and someone decided to try and put an end to it. I' m not against shooting domestic dogs if they are a wildlife nuisance however, I woudn' t shoot one with my bow. If this dog was out roaming in woods he shouldn' t have been, I law 100% of the blame on the dog' s owners.

If you love him, leash him. I' ve got a dog and she' s like a child to me. I keep her on my property, just like I would any real child of mine.

Ok, off my rant. That is a bad deal, I' m glad the dog is ok and I' m glad that the news interviewed a respectable bowhunter and not some slob.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:10 AM

That is exactly why I am hesitant to run my beagle on public (or private with all of the tresspassers for that matter) some ashhole who thinks my dog is running a deer will shoot it.

Don' t shoot someone' s dog. Find the owners and press charges if it bothers you so much. I guarantee that whoever shoots at my dog will drop from the tree and he probably won' t live to tell about the fall.

Greg
Old 11-12-2003, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

That definitely was a close one that could have gone either way. That is one good reason that every bowhunter should fully understand the sport that they pursue and some of the situations that they may be put into. I think the guy did a great job.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a dog that you catch " red-handed" chasing deer on YOUR property?I' m not saying just simply seeing a dog in the woods and shooting it but actually witnessing it chasing deer?Would that be inhumane--in my mind the dog caught chasing has it coming--go ahead and flame me.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:37 AM

I know many hunters that will shoot a dog, just because they see it. It might be running a rabbit, but they don' t care. They see it as an obligation. Personally, I' m hoping these attitudes die out. It' s not good for hunting. There are proper channels to use, when trying to eliminate a deer-running dog. A one-time incident is not deserving of death, in my opinion. A problem dog needs to be gotten rid of, legally.

And by all means, if you' re going to shoot a dog, use a gun and don' t miss. The damage done to bowhunting from the guy shooting this dog, is 1000 times greater then the good it did to get rid of one dog (which he didn' t succeed at doing).
Old 11-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: local news station shows lab shot w/ arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.