HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Fixed Blade Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 12:48 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by byg
Well you are right . I have only got 2 deer, 1st was a misplaced shot due to excitement and rookie nerves, I believe it was a kidney shot it only went about 50/60 yards( I was worried about that one).2nd was a perfect dbl lung and he went about the same. Granted, I have not killed a hundred deer,but only telling my experience.
Well it takes a good man to ''fess up". Even though 2 deer does not provide sufficient data to qualify any broadhead. In my experience over 45+ years bowhunting I've noted that if you shoot a deer that is calm with a razor sharp head and do not hit bone and did not detect you after the shot they will only run a short distance and stop and either lie down and expire to begin to wobble and then fall. I've had a few deer get shot through both lungs with either a Magnus Stinger or Muzzy Phantom and only take three or four bounds then just stop and look around, walk about another 30 -40 yards and just teeter and fall over. I swear, I think that the BH goes through them so fast they think they got stung by a bee or something.