HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnett Strings/Cables Question
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 AM
jareese
Spike

Originally Posted by redmag
Thinking of getting my 9 yr old grandson a Recruit. But, I have read several posts complaining of string and cable problems on the Recruit. Is that still the case on newer Recruits?

Thanks
Redmag - I have 2 Barnett Crossbows - a Ghost 410 with close to two thousand shots on the original string and cables, and a Barnett Raptor (big brother to the Recruit Compound) with over 500 shots on original string and cables. The key is to use the BARNETT LUBE WAX - and use it liberally every 10-15 shots. I mean LIBERALLY, my string and cables look wet. I've had absolutely no issues with my bows, I shoot my 410 out to 100 yards with consistent 3" or smaller groups.

There are a lot of Barnett haters because of past problems at Barnett - they've cleaned up A LOT. Customer Service has improved, products have improved and they are one of the longest running crossbow manufactures out there. Barnett has great products at affordable prices. You can't get the speeds you get from a Barnett at the price you pay for a Barnett with other crossbows. The Recruit Compound is a GREAT little package - I shot my buddies the other day. My Raptor is getting 332 on the chrono - his Recruit is getting 318... OVER advertised speeds, both bows. I don't think you're going to regret buying the Recruit. Just read the instructions, follow them to a "T" and you should be good.

Now, all that being said - ANY manufacturer can have a bad bow, or a bad run of bows. I've had very good luck with Barnett CS whenever I've called them. Mostly for questions, but I believe them to be one of the best IMHO. Head over to crossbow nation, check out the forums over there also - the Barnett specific forum is the largest on that forum.

Last edited by jareese; 08-24-2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: additons