HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Will Bear scare deer away from area?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM
dougl
Fork Horn

Ed,I thought that was you after seeing your PM.Last year I never saw a single bear and very little sign in some spots that usually are a sure bet until I checked out that area.There were no acorns anywhere just a few miles from there but that area was loaded if I'm thinking I know where that picture taken.This year there's bear sign every place I go.I saw the biggest set of tracks of my life this past weekend not far from there and my son and I called in a nice bear behind that big Clearcut off of firewater rd while hunting coyotes about a month ago.The guy that owns that small camp on Bundy settlemnt rd has a video of a huge bear.

I wouldn't worry about the bears messing up your deer hunting.I get bears and deer on camera on the same day quite a bit.I've also seen bears and deer from the same stand many times.However,if you have a feeder set up and bear are hitting it regularly,deer may avoid that particular spot.They didn't go anywhere though.If that's where I think it is,there's no shortage of deer.Seeing them in there may be a different story though.