HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - USEFUL???? iPhone applications for hunters
Old 07-28-2014, 12:57 PM
mju6559
Spike

Originally Posted by Valentine
I never carried a cell phone into the woods. Those things are just designed to start ringing just when the deer show up. Of course, I have to keep up with this stuff. You never know if you have to use those cell phone app carriers to move the deer to the quiet area where you are.

Deer: But momma, you mean we can figure out where the hunters are, by the cell phone apps they use.
Dude - I carry mine all the time! I merely turn the RINGER to SILENT is all! Why?

I am a RN nurse. Have any idea how many hunters I have seen come into the ER that fell from treestands by accident, or have experienced a MI (heart attack) while over-exerting themselves when dragging a deer out w/o help, or - were stung by a bee and are having a allergic reaction. Or there is a emergency AT HOME and a loved one has had an accident, etc? Or someone cut themselves badly while field dressing a deer - and maybe it an artery and are alone, and might need HELP and to call 911? Or a hunter is lost or separated from his hunting party? Or like my cousin who 15 yrs ago was shot and killed while bear hunting during the big game rifle season when he and his buffalo plaid jacket was 'mistaken' for a bear, and he was shot and killed with a rifle in rifle country?

Don't be foolish. We have technology here now - use it wisely if needed.

Yeah I carry one. And always will.